RCU Forums - View Single Post - After a rather long hiatus I finally got my jets back in the air at Princeton Jets.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:29 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

I remember watching Vic fly that jet the year I was at superman. I think he had an AT280 in it didn't he? That one and Tom's Olympus powered one was the first time I saw the Firebirds fly. I was sold right then and there. That was either 2003 or 2004 I don't remember for sure.
I can't think of any reason the airplane would turn any direction when the gear drops unless one of the main doors is really crooked and when it opens it acts like a rudder but even then it would have to be WAY out. That Firebird is an early one, do you know if it has the original fin with the lower ventral fins or if it has the later bigger vertical fin? Does Tom have any idea's as to why it might be turning left?

Originally Posted by txshan130
Yeah man, I have Vic's first firebird( see pic). I had it beautifully setup with a Kingtech 210 but currently is apart as I'm trying to figure out an issue. When the gear come down it wants to turn left quite hard and I'm not sure why. When everything is up and clean, it's the smoothest flying jet I've ever flown rock solid. Hopefully this thread will give me some motivation to work on it. It's been sitting for a year or two now