RCU Forums - View Single Post - Should the AMA consider building two regional flying sites , one on each coast ?
Old 09-30-2016, 04:45 AM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Hi Tim ,

My thought is that if the AMA builds my club a field (through grants & such) that only 50 guys get to fly at , wouldn't it be far more practical use of our AMA money to instead build a field where a whole region full of people could benefit , and that's where my thought of a couple of "Mini Muncies" came from . I'm kinda happy to hear that it's been seriously considered before and yes even though I do live in the East , I'd think that since like you say most of the major shows happen here it would be a fair "sharin of the love" to build the West coast site first .

To me , the regional flying site idea sounds like a far less "Redistributionist/Handout" than the idea of spending everybody else's money on a private site that only 50 or so will fly on does . Kinda sorta a more folks served by the same dollars spent kind of thing .

Imagine if such regional sites became SO popular that SUB regional sites began to be considered ?
Regional sites that are accessible to more of the membership makes sense but you'll never please everyone with the locations.

Mike

Last edited by rcmiket; 09-30-2016 at 04:47 AM.