RCU Forums - View Single Post - Frank Tiano for AMA President
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 01:43 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by astrohog
While certainly not definitive, the activity on the threads at this site would suggest otherwise.

FPV, UAV and Drone forum has 500 threads and 2,100 posts.

RC Jets forum has 51,833 threads and 928,000 posts.

It's always nice to have some numbers to put things in perspective.

Exactly how many members participate in jets and how many participate in MR racing?

Regards,

Astro
Well you said it, thread activity is no indicator. You also overlooked the fact that it's here that we're talking about not elsewhere. This isn't exactly a site that has embraced this new technology. And just to be clear I don't mean that the site or the admins haven't embraced it rather this isn't a place where multi-rotor and drone users actively gather to discuss what they do. There are numerous other sites where they go to do that

As for jet Pilots vs. Multi-rotor Pilots I have to refer back to tougas in his own comments that indicate just under 10% of AMA membership not their primary interest is multi-rotor it's about 19000 people but hey let's even say it's fifteen thousand people. Do you think we have even 10% of that you fly turbine Jets I don't think so. I'm not even sure we have that many Pilots to fly and a 10 giant scale and turbine events combined. I have to guess the majority of our membership is flying something in between. I would guess the giant scale / turbine jet Pilots and multi-rotor Pilots represent the high or the low end of the bell curve.