RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jerry Bates P-51B Build "Hell Yes Let's Go!!!"
Old 10-13-2016, 04:50 PM
propwashed
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting you mentioned the servo failure possibly due to engine vibration....I have a 33% Yak54 with the ZDZ80 RV which I've had for many years. I have 5645's on each elev surface which has always been plenty of torque and speed for that plane. about three weeks ago I had one of the elevator servos just quit while on the ground doing engine run ups. At low idle this motors shakes the crap out of the air frame and a buddy and I were discussing how violent it appears to be on the elevator surfaces when on the ground. Then the failure occurred days later, thankfully on the ground. That would have been a handful. It's hard to say if that was the exact cause. The servos have been in the plan for at least 6 years however not flying for several years. Age or vibration??? that is the question. The electric B model will be an awesome setup for power as always. I just cant stand the short flights and lack of sound on a warbird. However, you will really be able to nail down the scale appearance!.

My motor showed up:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4179.JPG
Views:	2446
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	2185613  

Last edited by propwashed; 10-13-2016 at 04:54 PM.