RCU Forums - View Single Post - Yak 55SP by Fly-Model 50cc
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 02:58 PM
luckymacy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slither
Great to hear of your success, Macy! I am excited to get this beast in the air. I got my servos today, and I finished moving the firewall back, last night, except for shortening the top if the engine box. I will be interested in seeing if the overall weight changed between the older and newer versions. I think this plane is fairly well built, from the air frame perspective. I am dissapointed that I an missing one of the hardware bags - the cowl mounting stuff, including those little rubber stress-relieving washers. Additionally, it looks like the gelcoat under the paint on the cowling is getting some serious cracks in it. Not sure why that would happen when it is just sitting in a box... I think I will try to run some thin CA into the crack... sound reasonable?
thin CA with some kicker so it won't run out and mess up the outside seems like a possible quick fix. I didn't get any rubber bonded washers in my hardware bag and I didn't add them yet but I probably will. not necessary to get the plane flying but I did use locktite on the cowl screws.