RCU Forums - View Single Post - Palmer 1/12 Scale B24D Liberator
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 11:15 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by xoamied
I'm hoping someone see's this. It's been awhile since I posted anything. Still working on the plane, but getting close. I have a question, if someone can answer it, I need to cover the elevators and need advice as what to use. The plane is fiberglassed, almost ready to paint, but the elevators need covered. I know they make mylar that you can paint, other that that
What is available?
I prefer Sig Koverall for covering open structures xoamied. It does not have its now adhesive and so has to be used in conjunction with something like Sig's "Stix It" product. Simple paint the Stix It onto the perimeter of the framework to be covered and, once dry, iron on the Koverall and shrink it just like you would any other covering material. Once shrunk tight I have never had Koverall develop a sag or a wrinkle. It just stays tight forever. I'm sure there is lots of info available on the stuff if you do a Google search. There are many other options but this one is my preferred choice. The Liberator looks fantastic by the way, great job.