RCU Forums - View Single Post - Model Aviation Flying Event Calendar Somethings Missing
Old 10-24-2016, 05:20 PM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
I would like to think that if we actually were having an honest discussion about fiscal solvency , the discussion should be above the emotional aspect of alluding to the free memberships as freeloading , and would stay focused on how many paying members strong are we , as that's what counts toward "keeping the lights on" . I too 100% believe in the free youth memberships and am proud of them , but I can see the analytical side of the fact that our AMA agenda* is being forwarded and funded by 125K folks and not 175K if we have 50K free memberships in our 175K total (or whatever the exact numbers are) . That in my view is not a knock in the least on those free memberships , merely a recognition that we are actually 50K less members when the annual dues revenue is being discussed and considered . Sound fair ?

* The agenda disclaimer ;

I mean nothing by using the word agenda here other than it's strict context definition and it's use is not a jab at the recent past use of the word . For real .
I'd like to now just where did I saw I wanted to cut off the youth memberships or hated kids? Pointing out just who's paying the bills is a FACT nothing more.

Mike

Last edited by rcmiket; 10-24-2016 at 05:23 PM.