RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bavarian Demon Cortex PRO is here!!
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 05:37 AM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

Success! With the help of Bob B and Danny I finally got the Cortex Pro to work with dual receiver JR DMSS setup. I am running 2 receivers into a JR X-Port duo. This device allows dual receivers and dual power inputs while converting Xbus to PWM for a full 14 channels. My transmitter is an XG14.

The problem is created when you set the transmitter up with the gyro sensor page. Dont do it! Instead set the first free channel up at +/- 150% travel both directions and assign a switch to it. Plug in the Cortex Pro and set up per the manual. When you get through with the rudder (the last set of bumps) let it bump again and then move your dedicated switch to turn the gyro on/off. I set my switch in neutral and when it bumped I moved the switch up..bump... then down. Worked great. I can now set the gyro gain by adjusting the travel throw for the channel the gyro sees. I reduced the travel down to 30%.

I use a three position switch and it allows off, gain 1 and gain 2. One other small problem I had to solve was the elevator was set to 50% throw. The Cortex couldnt see the input for the setup. I had to move the travel volume up to 100%, program the Cortex and then readjust the travel volume back to my 50% setting. I also reduced the expo from 40% to 15% with the gyro on rate and kept the 40% setting with the gyro off. If I need to turn off the gyro for some reason I have the airplane back to where it has always been control wise.

Hope to get to the field to try it out tomorrow. Thanks again guys! Guys helping everyone out like this makes RCU a great place!

Last edited by tp777fo; 10-29-2016 at 05:43 AM.