RCU Forums - View Single Post - Any tips for a beginner?
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 10:32 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I wanted to get a Redcat platform for a long time. After reading and watching other people's reviews on the brand, I get turned off for a bit, or I stumble upon a deal with another RC. I try to help out with the issues other people have with the Redcat brand. After long painstaking searches for a simple answer to a question...RCs having no manuals; website lacking simple spec details...it's an uphill battle for me most of the time.

I feel Redcat Racing RCs are okay platforms for the money. Usually the price is a big factor for some people. I get that. I don't have first hand use of Redcat RCs so I try not to jump in and put them down. That's why I tell people to watch all the video reviews possible on a particular RC that is in question. You have to weed out the pro and cons. I purposely won't tell someone, "That RC is nothing but crap".

Find a RC that has spare parts in stock...you're good to go. That's what hobby grade is all about. If you break a part, you are able to replace it. How often you break parts falls on RC design, materials used, and user error . Now that Tower Hobbies carries Redcat Racing products, it should not be a big deal.

Get out there and throw some dirt!

Last edited by RustyUs; 11-15-2016 at 04:13 PM.