RCU Forums - View Single Post - ECX Barrage 1/12 Scale Crawler
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 03:45 PM
David Wile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Phordman,

The Horizon Hobby website has a lot of pics of the Barrage, both inside and outside, and they are much better than I could take. It also has info on specs and parts. The frame is a metal ladder frame which seems quite strong. If you hold one end in one hand and the other end in the other hand, you can twist the frame, but the X braces keep the frame from diamonding. I know you can buy them from Horizon Hobby or HobbyZone for $162 after their 10% discount. That seems like a lot of nice crawler for that kind of money. If they are any cheaper than $162 anywhere else, I do not know about it. The link for the Horizon Barrage page is:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/19-4wd-b...--rtr-ecx01009

The steering servo burned out on the second or third day I had it, but Horizon sent me a replacement for free, and it has been working just fine since then. Other folks told me that steering servos are usually the first thing to go bad in most cars and trucks. I do not plan on beating mine up with aggressive use, but I bought a few after market servos from $6 to $13 from AliExpress. They are a good place for parts at a good price - you just have to do some research to see what the right parts are. I think this Barrage is a good buy.

Best wishes,
Dave Wile