View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016, 07:53 AM
pomroyj
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pacoflyer
pomroyj,
Thanks for your reply.
I have a new 3W 70 that I was thinking about using as I want to add smoke and these engines produce a lot of heat. Another choice would be an EME 60 with the starter that I just picked up. I do like your idea however, of a smooth running twin..decisions…decisions..
Thanks again,
paul
I had actually started with a 3W-60 single and had it all fitted just prior to priming. At about that time, I had just completed 1 year of flying a new 96" P-51 which has a DA85. The horse was my first big single project and learned the vibe levels on a big single are very hard on everything. I've worked through those issues but decided since it wasn't too late to course correct the Texan, I went looking for a twin that would fit and found the EME70, a little known brand or reviewed engine at the time. Decided to roll the dice and pulled the 60 out and put the 70 in. Very happy with how it all turned out. Although I've never done smoke on a project, I would think you could do it on the EME (seen other twins like BME 100s do it very successfully). Just some thoughts...