RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba and Lithium Ion Batteries question
Old 12-17-2016, 08:34 AM
paco ritter
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill, that is exactly what I intend to do with my set up. I have one (7) ch, three (8) ch and one (14) ch receivers laying around awaiting a plane to be installed into. My winter project will be a scratch built (with the help of a short kit from LazorWorks, Wichita Falls, TX) BIG HOTS from the days of the Dan Santich HOTS kits. My all around favorite plane from way back when. I want another, so I am gathering parts and pieces to make it happen. After some reseach around Litium Ion batteries and Futaba receivers, I arrived at the same conclusion you have stated. The servos are the limiting factor. So, I went with Savox high voltage servos but didnt want to use one of the more expensive ones merely for a throttle servo. Was searching for a way to get a standard servo to work in this application. Did not realize I could get an HV servo as cheap as they were offered as my focus had been on the more powerful ones, not the less torque versions. That is the route I chose to take, less expensive HV servo on the throttle and my BIG HOTS should be well equiped with radio and servo gear. Spring should bring my BIG HOTS to life and ready hopefully for a lifetime of good flying!!!!