RCU Forums - View Single Post - New RC lover
Thread: New RC lover
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 08:22 AM
fatherwithRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New RC lover

Well its the new year and for Christmas I got an RC. Now don't bash it it's a Redcat Blackout Pro XTE. I don't know much about RCs but I do no that this thing hauls butt. I drove it for the first time yesterday and I don't even have the space to open it all the way. Ill be going to the park today with it.
But I do have a few questions,
1. I bent my front right dog bone. Runs fine still only a little bend but is there an other brand that might be stronger than Redcat?
2. What other parts should I be keeping on hand?
3. This one may be a dumb one but for the parts that don't use screws, like a ball and socket type. How do I get them off? Do they just pop on and off? I don't wanna force anything and risk braking a part.
4. The truck seems to be pulling one way or another. I tried using the trim but them it pulls the other way. I tried also to center the servo and it still does it. Any help with that?
5. Most of the parts on this truck have turnbuckles and are plastic. Now can I adjust them any? The seem to have some thread but not much. Again I do not want to brake anything.
6. Maybe this one is related to number 1 but will almost any 1/10 scale parts fit this truck?
7. I am sure I will have more questions and maybe all of these questions are answered already on different threads, you can just tell me the thread and Id love to read it.
I am a father of six and I have a motorcycle and now an RC monster truck. I needed a hobby that would get me out of the house but not to far that I can't run to save the day for my kids. My youngest son already wants an RC also. Maybe it will be a father son thing. I am not looking to be the next top racer just bash in the ally or park during nap times. If there is any other questions that I may have forgotten please let me know. I am new to this. I have been looking at RCs for about a year now and now I have one. I hope its a lifetime of fun.