RCU Forums - View Single Post - So what was your first control line plane, and what was the year, and age that you...
Old 01-08-2017, 12:27 PM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnBuckner
A couple years ago Blackhawk Models did a bunch of repops of quite a few of the old Scientific hollow logs. This is the Red Flash which was my first back in 1954 with the Spitzy .045 so naturally had to have one.

John

Those balsa blocks did fly! I never thought I'd see another. mine back in th mid 1950s was the mustang with a sheet metal cowl I never learned to mount. the Spitzy .045 seemed at the time to be a screeming demon that got hot as hell (lean running) because I knew nothing but max RPM's I still have it! the cub .045's were a little better but he cox engines blew everything away. my biggest problem was keeping the wings and firewall on (no fuel proofing) live and learn

I read some of the Walt Musciano biography he grew up in my nieghborhood of Brooklyn before I was born (1941) Brooklyn is and was alive with model aviation. the engine in the upper left is the original .045 spitzy and in picture two the plane is of the Fubar free flight like the one I had in Brooklyn many years ago. Yea I am still at it!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	engine collection 031.jpg
Views:	3008
Size:	772.9 KB
ID:	2196014   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fubar.jpg
Views:	3008
Size:	783.3 KB
ID:	2196015