RCU Forums - View Single Post - CY Model Lavochkin LA-7
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 05:42 AM
Hot Rod Todd
My Feedback: (1)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm mounting the choke and throttle servo on the box behind the engine. It gets some weight up front, and makes for a short and easy linkage. Because of the close proximity to the mufflers I thought it wise to add a heat shield. Because I'm not worried about adding nose weight, I used some aluminum angle, polished the side facing the muffler, and screwed and glued it to the box.

I added some scale trim tabs to the ailerons using thin fiberglass sheet. Here you can also see the tape I added to give a bit more scale detail.

I mounted the horizontal stabs to the fuse. Some machine screws and washers were provided. I drilled and tapped the aluminum rod to get a very tight fit. I had to do a bit of sanding to the fuse to get one of the stabs to fit flush, but in the end they fit well. I used a few dabs of silicone at the base of the stabs and some Loctite on the screws. There are threaded inserts in the stab that make this a more secure mounting than it first appeared. I'm happy with it, which is good since a failure here is death for the plane. If you mount the servos in the fuse you could also glue it together, but I decided to mount them in the stabs as shown for an easy installation.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3422.JPG
Views:	3972
Size:	958.8 KB
ID:	2196304   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3419.JPG
Views:	3856
Size:	880.8 KB
ID:	2196305   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3420.JPG
Views:	3883
Size:	873.0 KB