RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 01:58 PM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts

The ice mostly missed me but it was a good excuse to stay home anbd inside!

It did allow me to get some work in on my DR.1 along with finding the usual amount of previous screw ups.. I shaped the leading edge of the middle wing of the DR.1 and go it epoxied to the plate so I can start building the turtleback over it. The plastic one in the kit is a non-starter I don't like it. I'll use it as a guide to build one out of thin plywood. I notched the top Cabane blocks I just need to epoxy them in place. I replace the horizontal stab's spruce leading edge I couldn't cut hinge slots it was so hard. I also correct the length of the front mounting plate to get a better fit. I also discovered the fuselage front mounting plate for the stab is too low on one side so I'll ether need a longer screw or cut it loose and reglue it. Opinions?
Pictures below for your amusement. Speaking of amusement sanding the balsa of the leading edge triggered a massive allergic reaction, I have never been allergic to balsa before. I see dust masks in my future! To quote a Patrick McManus book title it was "A Fine and Pleasant Misery"! (Great literature, rates right up there with "The Night the Bear Ate Goombaw" and "They Shoot Canoes Don't they?".)

The downside I had to take my mom to the hospital yesterday evning, didn't get home until 2:00 AM. She'll be OK it isn't easy being 90!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1100839.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	2.73 MB
ID:	2197017   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1100838.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	2.80 MB
ID:	2197018   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1100837.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	2.79 MB