RCU Forums - View Single Post - Planes for 1/12 scale, resources?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 04:27 PM
Champstarr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1/12 Scale is alive and well here in Oahu, Hawaii. Just finished our first contest of the year. A local guy here makes some of the best combat planes I've seen and flown. He makes Mig-3s, P51s, Spitfires and a twin tail Swiss. Fly great and are very durable. He charges $80 - $100. Attached are pics of my Dallas Cowboy themed Mustang and Migs. Another flyer has built a few planes based on the Gus Morfis plans. He built me a sweet looking Mustang but I haven't flown in yet so I can't attest to it's airworthiness but I think it will fly fine. If you want to buy some composite ARFs then rmk-models.com has a decent selection but they are in the UK and you will pay a 21% premiuim due to the exchange rate. A friend of mine just ordered one from them but hasn't received it yet so I can't review yet.

It's really sad GP dropped their combat ARFs. I have pestered them with a couple of emails asking and suggesting a new combat ARF. A lot of times with these ARFs it's nothing to do with the popularity of the item but the tooling at the factory to make them as was the case with Hangar 9's Bf-109 ARF. Also MAC no longer makes their tuned pipe for our Nitro engines . Due to the passing of the owner. Looks like we have to get more and more creative to keep RC combat alive.

I fly electric, nitro and gas planes of all sizes and scales and by far 1/12 combat flying is the funnest flying there is especially when you have a good group of guys.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3381.JPG
Views:	1512
Size:	3.26 MB
ID:	2197737   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3392.JPG
Views:	1222
Size:	2.62 MB
ID:	2197738