RCU Forums - View Single Post - Goldberg Extra 300
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 06:05 AM
OldScaleGuy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt P47
It has been about 2 pages of posts since I last posted an update. Progress to date is that I have joined the wing halves together with epoxy and a whole lot of patience via the trial and error method of lining everything up with the jigs and making sure that both the leading and trailing edges aligned properly. Built the fuse over the plans utilizing the rubber band technique to hold all of the fuse formers in place and sand all of the bulkheads to achieve a good fit. Sized the fire wall and trial engine mount for the installation of an inverted DLE 20 RA. Finished gluing the fuse and formers. Was able to achieve the highly desired straight and true fuselage prior to eyeballing the installation of the wing and tail feathers. Next steps will be: 1) mount the wing, 2) round control surface edges and vertical fin, 3) glue horizontal stab and fin to fuse, 4) install turtle deck and 5) hinge and install ailerons. Once complete reinforcement of the fuse ahead of the wing saddle will be completed. One thing I have to figure out is how I want to install my switches and fill valve. I am thinking about a hatch forward of canopy before the cowl. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Some pictures of the progress to date......

Jeff, nice work.
I have built two of these and have a third still in kit form. Personally, i would not bother with the hatch, you can get to everything you need through the wing saddle.