RCU Forums - View Single Post - PRIMARY Insurance & possible alternative to AMA
Old 02-07-2017, 09:42 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcmiket
It was just a matter of time before someone came up with this primary insurance thing. Now if it succeeds is another story. Price is everything and I'm not sure just how many will pony up the bucks for it. I'm more concerned about the Orlando thing and I'm extremely surprised and disappointed by the lack of AMA involvement.

Mike
On the primary insurance, it's a definite competitive advantage vs. AMA's offer - secondary insurance. Whether folks will be willing to pay more for that remains to be seen, but it's nice to see some competition.

As for the Orlando thing, the story says AMA was involved to get some STEM carve outs, so it sounds like that was the limit of their ability to influence. Rhetoric coming out of Muncie, especially from government affairs, has been touting their ability to protect against just this sort of thing. It's been my experience that bad things happen when rhetoric doesn't match reality. So the challenge for AMA will be can they continue to sustain "influence" as a reason for membership?