RCU Forums - View Single Post - Big A-6 Intruder kit - mfg help please
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 06:50 PM
sc0tt
My Feedback: (61)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Keith, my Dad's doing well and should be at JOK again this year - look forward to seeing you and your wife again.
So I originally picked up the A-6 about a year ago and it's been in the shadows while I do other things. I've been wanting a big military jet for a while now, but something different. Every time I look at jofunk's A-5 Vigilante thread (like his F9F Panther) I get motivated to do the A-6. Like many, I haven't actually "built" anything in years and getting the bug to do so. I searched all the old forums regarding DCU/Jetmart, Flight of the Intruder movie and that's how I got my basic info.

My build thoughts are more of a "sport" scale jet. Just something cool and to have fun with. My first step is to find landing gear or design my own - that will determine if I proceed with the build. I can't justify the cost of new Matrix Gear for this project. However, if someone happens to have a set of this gear and wants to sell please let me know.
Also still looking for info like CG point and any plans/drawings that may be out there. I'm thinking anything from the Jetmart kit would help.

In the meantime, I did find a nice pic of some A-6 nacelles to help motivate me, lol...
Thanks...Scott

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	A6 girls.jpg
Views:	5764
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	2200621