RCU Forums - View Single Post - Testing the new NV (Norvel) .40 size (6.5cc) gasoline glow engine
Old 02-12-2017, 08:08 PM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It would be nice to use diesel from the gas station, with some oil from a snowmobile or weedwacker, just to keep costs down. Maybe 30 to one or something. The ether bothers my wife, and seems to disappear quickly enough to screw up the ratio after a couple of weeks. I have seen one of your videos of kerosene and castor with ether only for priming. I like that. I have had trouble with diesel last time I used one, about 1974. Maybe I will try one again. I picked up a PAW .06. The waste vegetable oil is used for diesel cars mostly. I was thinking about that a while ago. There was a guy at a marijuana festival that had a diesel VW Rabbit. He used pump diesel and then used a tank switching valve from a Ford pickup truck to transfer to a one gallon container of new vegetable oil inside the car. It smelled like french fries. I wonder if it would pass emissions with no fancy catalytic convertors. He was thinking about using hemp oil, or at least that was what he said he was at the marijuana festival for. I think it is going to be legal here. I have not heard anything about it lately. Supposed to be in the spring.

Last edited by aspeed; 02-12-2017 at 08:16 PM.