RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kolm 135 install in CARF Mustang
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 04:25 PM
fo36cabriolet
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone,
A few months ago some of you answered some questions I had regarding the noise levels of the Kolm etc. The advice was greatly appreciated! Long story short, I ended up pulling the trigger on a beautiful Carf p51 painted with British markings. I love it! I'd really like to place an order for the Kolm il150 3 cylinder next, however some people have me concerned about the strength of the overall structure of the plane. Aside from using the installation kit, has anyone strengthened the wings, aft portion of the fuselage, horizontal stabs etc? Is this definintely needed? Also, how far back behind the firewall are everyone's "reinforcements" extending? Is all the weight technically still hanging on the firewall mostly? Any help is greatly appreciated, as I'd like to take the safest course of action while still incorporating the 3 cylinder version. Carf has suggested going with their new racing version since it's completely reinforced. I'd hate to part ways with the mustang I just bought, but maybe that's best? Anyhow, any help is greatly appreciated !
-Ryan