RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Builder/First Air Boat
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 05:20 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by trapper7
Just looking online, it appears I have this engine: http://sceptreflight.com/Model%20Eng...P%20Blitz.html
The Chrome version, otherwise called the Blitz. Some differences.

The PDP letters are black for the standard PDP engine and the PDP blitz will have red PDP letters I believe. You can tell which version you have if you look at the piston ring on the piston through the exhaust port. The standard engine will have a Dykes ring which will be at the very top of the piston. The Blitz engine has a chromed steel liner (harder to tell the difference) and the piston has a very narrow standard compression ring down a couple millimeters from the crown. The pic below is a PDP Blitz piston/liner as well as the HB .61 Dykes. The Blitz is a little more powerful than the standard PDP with dykes ring, but generally dykes rings are better for higher rpm duty.

The breaking in routine is the same for both, but how you prop the engines will be different. The Blitz you'll want to prop a tiny bit lighter than the standard PDP. I'd suggest a 10x5 or on the high side a 10x6.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	970.2 KB
ID:	2202913   Click image for larger version

Views:	47
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	2202914   Click image for larger version

Views:	45
Size:	1.84 MB