RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hitec HFP-30 Info??
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 01:51 AM
djmp69

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hitec HFP-30 Info??

My apologies if this is in the wrong forum, but none of the categories seemed to fit except this one.

I just got this Hitec HFP-30 servo programmer, and it looks and feels great, seems like it will do everything I need it to do. Only problem is, like most other things in this hobby, the manual (if you want to call it that) is severely lacking. Sure, it tells all the different functions of the different programming modes, but it is not very forthcoming on simple things about the unit, or important info that might be helpful to someone new to using servo programmers. I even looked on the Hitec website, and it's worse than the manual in terms of this info. FAQs address nothing about this unit.

1. The only reference to the USB port is that it is there. There is no info about what it's for (I know what it's for) or how to use it. As I'm writing this, I've had it plugged into my computer for 10 minutes now, and nothing is happening except the screen says pc setting mode, with 2 arrows circling. I don't know if I need to download something, press something or what

2. I know a USB port on a computer is 5V, but the amperage is not going to supply enough power to run a servo (or two if syncing), but still, I'd like to know if to plug a battery into the unit while plugged into a computer. Seems like a simple issue, but I would hate to have an $80 paperweight because I voided my warranty due to skimpy instructions.

Those are just two questions I have to start, anybody have any helpful suggestions, or first hand experience advice?

Thanks in advance!