RCU Forums - View Single Post - Getting back into the hobby- Rebuilding a CRT.5
Old 03-11-2017, 01:50 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Getting back into the hobby- Rebuilding a CRT.5

So I've been out of the hobby for a few years. I solds off all my cars, truggy and buggys. I kept just one. It is an old Ofna Jammin' CRT.5. I always felt this little truggy was underrated when it first came out many years ago now. These things were overbuilt like tanks but handled great! When I first got it it was nitro and I liked overkill so instead of the recommended .12 engine I stuffed a Werks .21 B6 engine in it and geared it high for top speed. It was good for over 80 mph on the GPS. I never blew a diff, the drive line was solid! I got bored of nitro after a while so I decided to do a brushless conversion. And no, I didn't put just you standard reasonable 1/10 brushless system in it! I shoe horned a Mamba Monster 2650 brushless system and ran it on 4s. Talk about a screamer! Still the drive line held up. Up until today its sat in a box incomplete. I found someone selling one like it with a parts lot. I bought it, and now I have one complete and running and enough spare parts to get my old one back together. Today I stopped by a few hobby shops to see what is available. I picked up a couple lipos and a Castle Sidewinder SCT brushless system to put in my old truck. Getting back into the hobby will be fun I think!