RCU Forums - View Single Post - World model dago red or strega ??
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 01:20 PM
SACKRC
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by J Kikkert
Rich,
How does your DJ 90 run. We had a guy at our field who couldn't get his adjusted and sold it on eBay, and switched to YS 4 stroke, I've been thinking of buying a DB 90 for warbird racing but haven't seen anyone using one in our area. I don't like the 4 strokes bad habit of back firing and blowing the prop off.
PS: the world Models Strega flies excellent. I've assembled a couple of them for other people, and those, along with several orhers in our area all preform excellent. Haven't seen any problems with them and they are extremely fast.
JERRY
JERRY , got my DJ 90 running very good, run it on full mac pipe, 11/8 apc prop. mc 59 plug 10 or 15 nitro turns 15800 to 16,200
depend on weather when its cool it turn over 16,000 ..
Did some mods. on engine, carb opened to .475 flared the crank at carb side, matched ports to case , lightened piston.
head clear. at .012.

Early on , had problems, over heated easily. Motor was extremely tight and need a lot of break in time, seems to run much
better with full pipe and my mods.,and break in important. Ran boats in the past 90s always had heat problems. but also have a remote needle, helps, half way into a run It will go a little lean, click rich . and game on. (a pylon bag type tank would make it more consistent.).
It dose put out. some times I go to a 11/9. for a little more speed.
All in all once you get done its a runner. if you leave it stock with the muffler , break in really important. and fuel with castor syn. mix.
thank for info on streger. RC group had good review on. Only trick was it need to be balanced towards nose, tail can cause problems.

thank rich b.