RCU Forums - View Single Post - My Quadcopter wont lift off!
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 07:09 AM
izzeddin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jester_s1
Your props look fine in the pictures, but for future reference you don't go by the writing to see if they are on straight. You make sure the convex side is facing up or in the direction you want the prop to pull. The concave side is what pushes the air.

If you are flipping i'd suspect a motor is spinning the wrong way. Failing that, something may be screwy with the settings on your flight controller. I'd suspect a gain is reversed which would lead to a very fast flip as soon as you spin up. You can check your gain directions by holding quad in your hands and having someone advance the throttle for you. If the quad resists your effort to turn it, then settings are in the right direction. If you find it trying to turn on its own or helping you turn it, they are reversed.
Yeah thanks for that tip, and yeah you were right the motor was spinning in the wrong direction. However, now i have another problem. Whenever i fly the drone it is really shaky and very unstable and i then land it instantly so that it wouldn't crash. is there a way to make it self-level. The option exists on my FCU but i don't know how to turn it on.