RCU Forums - View Single Post - 96' wingspan Kadet need advice on power
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 07:42 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

If I'm not mistaken there was a Senior Telemaster around 96" wingspan also. A Kadet Senior has a 78" span wing.. and that's it. There were no 96" wing Kadets...unless someone added 9" to each wing half.

A Kadet Senior will fly with a .46... easily. A Senior Telemaster is another story, being a bit bigger they were better with a .60 size engine. Still a floater no doubt...

A big difference from one to the other(at least in stock form).. The Senior Kadet is a tri-gear plane, the Senior Telemaster is a tail-dragger. Both have very similar flat-bottom wings, and both have long wing spans.. with the larger being the Senior Telemaster.

I'm only calling this out, as it's a coincidence that you have a plane that in many ways is much like a 96" Senior Telemaster, yet you're calling it a 96" Senior Kadet... both planes were about the same era, in development, as well as design. As well as there smaller versions of each, and a much larger version also of the Telemaster....which was the 12' Telemaster.... but the biggest Kadet was the 78" version.

It's fine... you can call it what you want... thing is though, if it looks like a duck, and acts like a duck.. It probably is a duck...although you could call in a chicken if you want... haha... I'm just kidding... You just might double check what you have, as what you're saying doesn't make much sense...that's fine too... So...

Here's a link to plans to the Senior Telemaster if you wanted to compare that to what you have now... unless you're sure it's a Senior Kadet that is... I'm just offering this up as a gesture... check it out...

http://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=5044

You can download those if you like.. or you might already be familiar with the outerzone and how it works.. .. not sure....

I know I'd like to see pics of this " 96" Senior Kadet" I've never seen one with a 96" wing.... In any case good luck with it.