RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC industry in recession?
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 09:10 AM
LJE4357
Banned
My Feedback: (74)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
Our radio technology keeps improving because the same technology is used worldwide for industrial purposes. The first FASST systems were out for more than a decade used to control industrial robots for manufacturing plants costing millions of dollars. That is why it was so much more robust than other systems, the technology was developed and paid for by a deep pocket industry.
Our radio technology isn't as good as you think it is. The FCC actually allows us to use 1 watt output on our transmitters. When Spectrum came out with our first radios there were in the Blue Tooth business. The cost was cheaper to make a more sensitive receiver. When the modulation technology was improved it was a great idea. But they never changed the sensitivity of the receiver or the bandwidth. I'm sure we all remember on the old 72 mhz days, we were shot down by the pager services, or somebody turning on there transmitter by mistake. That's why we all used pins. We have to share the band with the low power market, they don't bother us. But here's our real problem. Ham Radio. They use the frequency band from 2.385 Ghz to 2.455 Ghz. Right in the middle of our band. Thats now a big problem, except for one big issue. They can use 1500 W of ERP. That means even if there 5 miles away. the front end of the receiver saturates and basically the complete band becomes worthless. And they don't even have to tell you. Basically no different than the old 72 Mhz days. We don't have that much trouble, mainly because the Ham radio operators don't build anything no more. But if your a builder, and have the know how, or buy some surpluss equipment and convert it over, you can use it. I have an RF amp that covers the complete band that puts out 100 Watts. I can also buy components to build a receiver. There is a ton of this stuff on E Bay. Most of you guys really don't know my back round. I have a BSEE, most of my career has been working on Top Secret Military electronics design. I mainly do design work on High Power RF transmitters above 1Ghz. I do a lot on all kinds of Power Supply design and High Power Motor Speed controllers. The biggest thing I do is Radiation Harden circuits from Nuclear weapons and back round space radiation. On of my best friends I worked with was Paul Messinger, I worked on several contracts with him. He was also a modeler. When he retired, from Lockheed, he retired an a Exeuctive Vice President. He tried to get me to move back to Lockheed in California. I told him they could pay me a $1000 a minute, There was no way I wanted to move back. I worked at Teledyne in Northridge before the earth quake shut it down. At least here in Florida we get a warning from a hurricane. I lost Pauls phone #. If anybody out there knows him let me know. He lives in the Port Angeles area. I lot a lot of stuff when my computer was hacked.

I also have a FCC General Class Radio Telephone License. In the last 2 weeks I been getting Emails about company's that are very interested in wanting to talk to me. I really didn't know what for. I don't watch the news because of my wife going to Dr's for the Cancer treatment and I been going to the VA to get my disability changed from 100% permanent, to 100% permament for life, to get my wife covered for CHAMP. Her Medicare Supplement Insurance sucks. I answered back to all the companys I wasn't interested in doing anything working for any company until my wife was done with Kemo. I told them I may be interested in Consulting after the first of the year. The day after I email them back I seen on the internet about the N. Korean crap. More people see the news than I do. Friday one of them called me about consulting because of the work I did on an ABM back when the MX missle was being developed. That ABM only had one location to be used.

I have a lot more stuff that you guys will hear about some day if your interested in know what I did.

Here is a few pic's of my shop, and electronics work area. You should have seen it 2 years ago.
The pic of the A4. That was the very first kit from Byron. I did a lot of testing for them. I was the one who found the flutter in the flying stab, and how to balance it.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1273.JPG
Views:	705
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	2210061   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1240.JPG
Views:	702
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	2210063   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1241.JPG
Views:	702
Size:	1.15 MB