RCU Forums - View Single Post - ESM F7F Tigercat Build
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 02:05 AM
ftjets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ESM F7F Tigercat Build

I have chimed in on a thread or two over the years but decided to start my own build thread for this project. I have found one build thread that started several years ago but this is supposed to be the newest version of the ESM Tigercat so i thought i would give it a fresh look. I ordered mine from VQ Warbirds who as far as i can see are the only importers of this kit now. Please correct me if i am wrong. At first glance, it appears to be nicely constructed as far as representing the full scale version. I do not intend to enter scale events with it but i am sure it will be easily recognizable to anyone who knows what a Tigercat looks like. I will certainly do some kit bashing along the way. I will post some starting pics soon along with observations i have made so far. I did research this kit before ordering and as with all things R/C discovered good and bad. First, Tomas at VQ Warbirds has responded to all of my pesky questions and concerns, before and after i ordered the kit. I have been quite satisfied with his prompt attention and advise. When i inquired about landing gear choices he strongly suggested the Sierra gear system. While much more expensive than the ESM electric gear, after researching the subject i am confident that it was indeed the right choice. I won't comment on the ESM gear because i have never used them but i appreciate Tomas's attempt to send me in the right direction. I hope to start my journey in the coming days. Stay Tuned!

Model ESM F7F Tigercat with composite fuse and built up wings and control surfaces
Power (2) Eflite Power 160 motors
(2) Castle Creations Phoenix Edge 120HV controllers
LG Sierra Air retract system with Sierra custom aluminum wheels w/brakes

Last edited by ftjets; 05-11-2017 at 01:55 PM. Reason: too much information