RCU Forums - View Single Post - Virginia Jets "Jetogether" June 9.10.11
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 11:04 AM
BillJ
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Virginia Jets "Jetogether" June 9.10.11

Hello to everyone.

We were hoping to get Virginia Jets back up and running this year..However. as fate would have it, the Hillsville Virginia Twin county Airport will be in the middle of a complete repaving of the ramps and taxiway..
SOOOO
We've put together a weekend at our second flyin spot..the Tazewell Virginia,county airport in Cedar Bluff ,Va. JUNE 9,10,11

Jim French and the guys have always been super nice to us there...An unbelievable view of the Valley below..4300 ft of pavement goodness...
Fly.tazewellcounty.org

No landing fee...jet A on site.. Indoor plumbing..no portojohns.. overnight ..hangar storage has been promised...

Because this is about 1 hr 15 mins on down the road from our regular site...don't really know anything about rentals in area...so I'd come prepared.

This will be a super laid back get together...most likely break out the grill for cookout
..probably a road trip down to a super funky local resturant called "Cuz's" " about 15mins"

I'll do my best to help you get situated. ..there are a couple of local hotels 5 mins from sirport..
Google...Cedar Bluff / Richlands Virginia..

Drop me a note if I can [email protected]

Cross your fingers for 2018..

Bill Jarrett
Area 52 Flyers