RCU Forums - View Single Post - AJ Aircraft Acuity
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 07:41 PM
DRC1
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are right... no build posted on that thread except how I installed the rudder wire. If you look at the 62" Acuity thread there, everything you need is covered by a couple different people. One exception, everything in the stab/rudder area for the 62" doesn't apply for the 2M.

Actually, the 2M Acuity is an easier build than the 62" Acuity. The 2M uses a wire to attach the rudder (removable), the servos are mounted in the stab, and the stabs are removable.

One guy did maiden there's today. Said it performed well.

There are two assembly steps that require adhesive, the CF control horns in Ailerons and Elevators, and hinging the control surfaces.

There are some areas that require removing covering.

Make sure you have the Canopy on when aligning the Cowl with the Spinner.

Other than that it's pretty straight forward. Elevator servos installed in the stab halves. I used Futaba S9650 for the stabs as the pre-drilled holes fit perfectly.

I fly Intermediate in Pattern, albeit not as well as I want but hope to improve. It is the easiest plane to build, with or without instructions.

If you decide to get one, post any questions here. I'm sure somebody will help. I can post any pics of mine to show how I did it if you want.

Hope this helps.

Larry Diamond

Last edited by DRC1; 06-04-2017 at 07:52 PM.