RCU Forums - View Single Post - HSP 94480 1/24 Vs HBX 2098B 1/24 Vs WLtoys 24438 1/24
Old 06-05-2017, 09:10 AM
OneTwentyFour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ECX Temper 1/24 Crawler by Horizon Hobby is the exact same vehicle as the HSP 94480 1/24 and the WLToys 24438. It is just rebadged and branded for Horizon/ ECX with a different body and blue aluminum TVPs instead of green. It is a great little crawler but much better with a few linkage adjustments. There are some threads showing how (one is mine).

The HBX 2098B 1/24 is it's own vehicle and from what I hear is pretty cool.
Losi does not make the Micro Crawler or the Micro Trail Trekker anymore. (In fact, they don’t make any of their micros or minis. Horizon has gone with the ECX ones instead).
If you can find a Losi Micro Crawler or TT, get it.

Your other options are the Redcat Sumo 1/24 Rock Crawler which has 4ws and is a great truck. It does have a high CG though and unfortunately takes AAA batteries. Both of these things can be easily remedied with a little work. The AAA holders mounted on the sides of the chassis can be taken off and you can solder on whatever plug you would like to use for your battery pack instead.

Hobby King has the Basher Rocksta 1/24 Crawler which I have no experience with but looks pretty cool.

There is of course the newer Pro-Line Ambush 1/25 Scale Crawler as well.

As of writing this (060517) I don’t think many aftermarket chassis are available for 1/24 Micro Crawlers with the exception of the ones made by Lynx Micro Tech and sold on Shapeways. I believe a couple others have a chassis they sell on Shapeways as well.

If anybody know of any aftermarket chassis still available, post ‘em here!

Last edited by OneTwentyFour; 06-05-2017 at 09:15 AM.