RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dreamworks Electric Gear/Brake help
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 06:09 PM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

After using the brakes a bit, I found one side is weaker than the other. Occasionally, there was no brake at all on the one side. Initially, one axle was too long allowing to much play allowing the rotor to disengage the screws. I fixed that right away, but still had issues with them. After a couple hours on the bench today, I finally ended up cleaning the disk surfaces and lightly sanding the rotor to take off the rough edges. But that did not cure the uneven braking. I ended up taking out the washers to get them to work evenly. Now the only problem I am having is figuring out how to make them less sensitive. I have mine on the DX-18's slider. Four detent clicks up and the brakes are locked up. I tried all sorts of mixes, travel adjust settings, etc. But about 400 us operates them from no brake to locked up brakes. I would like to get a bit more resolution. Anybody got any ideas? Prolink E Retracts with E brakes. Spektrum DX-18 with PBox & 3 remote Rxers. 2S LiPo. Maybe cut the voltage?