RCU Forums - View Single Post - WARNING!!! HOBBYTOWN USA!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 02:44 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

(I did see this thread is very old.. but.. here's my recent experience in learning how things have changed here..) I've learned to read the included info... all of it word for word. Many mainstream name brand companies have specific instructions if there's a problem to "not" return to place of purchase, but to call 1-800-whoever and go from there. I've been in the hobby long enough(over 40yrs)... to remember when we could count on our local vendors and suppliers to help us personally if there's any problem. Such is not the case now though... manufacturers want consumers to deal with them direct when it comes to retail hobby items.

I bought a small camera drone from my local guy, took it home and proceeded to fly it, It would fly fine for about a minute, then just freakin turn into a missle in whatever direction...and that happened several times, until I just took it back to the local guy... he checked it out and said "yeah.. well.. sorry". I was pretty PO'd, as it was about a $50 item. So I came home and started reading ALL info that came from with the item.. it did say "don't return it to place of original purchase".. "call 1-800whatever".. So I did...Having experience and years of mail order, phone order, and online ordering.. I knew it was GreatPlanes.. I got the nicest person on the line.. they listened, took the info(I was in there system already..)... and said I'll have my new drone in a few days... and "sorry about the problem"... I was like... whaaat?? I asked if I need to send the problem drone back.. they said .. nope, keep it for parts.

Yep.. they sent me a brand new sealed in the box drone.. battery, charger, all of it. So I have the new drone, an extra battery and charger, and a spare drone for parts.... because there was a problem with the first one... and I had the new one in my hand in 3 days.

In any case any hobby shop should treat any customer with respect.. but they all should know the procedures if there's a problem with any product...even if it is calling the factory.. they should know that, and help the customer by sharing that info.. nicely... That's about the best alot of them can do these days.. They must be nice and courteous though.. always.