RCU Forums - View Single Post - TOPRC/GatorRC P-51 Mustang 89"
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 06:37 AM
Hot Rod Todd
My Feedback: (1)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a few more details to go, but decided to maiden my Mustang. First flight I had some engine problems (always fun) and it seemed the CG was a bit far back at the recommended point. I got it down Ok, figured out the engine issues, added some nose weight. Second flight was much better. It was a hot and humid day, engine was a bit rich, only a couple runs on it. Didn't really have the power it should to pull this plane around the way I'd like. I think once I get it broke in and tuned properly the DLE-55RA will pull it around fine. I have a 22x10 Carbon fiber prop that should help the performance a bit over the Xoar wood prop. Landing was uneventful, it ground handles well and seems to settle well with some flap on landing.

I converted my Gunfighter to "The Millie G" using Callie graphics who provided the Millie G emblem and the G's for the side. I was able to fit a best Pilot's Bob Sweeney into the cockpit. He's a little small (Bob is a small guy) but wit the appropriate prop under his butt he looks the part in the cockpit. I still need to get the guns looking better, and add some detail to the tanks. In any case, it looked good flying by. No in-flight shots yet, but here's a couple of ground photos.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0569.JPG
Views:	498
Size:	458.2 KB
ID:	2220225   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0571.JPG
Views:	563
Size:	380.0 KB
ID:	2220226