RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/2a Video Project
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 07:50 PM
BrightGarden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Remby
The idea to put a video camera on a 1/2a plane has been one of my all time goals. Although it is more common with other types of electric powered planes, or drones, the smaller planes with the castor lubed engines present a number of challenges.

Yesterday for the first time I had success putting a 1/2a video plane into the air twice, and is hands down the coolest thing I have done with these size aircraft. Two videos, with nearly 20 minutes of video was captured.

A couple of issues with vibration were expected , and it appears as wave patterns on the picture as it climbs out under power, I think a change of a smaller prop would help hit the right frequency to limit the wave, although it is not all that bad. Under glide it is a great picture.

I am looking for any comments or advice on adjust for best flying, picture quality, etc.

Anyone else ever do the camera stuff with our 1/2a's ?
Sounds great, and you are doing you're own bushwacking thru the fields on this one.
Can you post your vids to Youtube so we can see?
Also, there is a thread just started for just what you are talking about on the other site.
I may try putting FPV on a 1/2A soon, may have to make a pod so it is out of the castor spray path - ha.