RCU Forums - View Single Post - So what was your first control line plane, and what was the year, and age that you...
Old 06-25-2017, 08:23 AM
fredvon4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Double kits...yes there were many... IIRC mostly in the 60/70/80s combat planes
Kittens
Cats
Demons
VooDoos
and I even found a 2 fer Mathis Mongoose....NOT two in one kit, but the Hobby store discount for buying 2, 4, or 6 Kits...
and to my delight if you bought 8ea @ $5.95 ( in 1972 they were typically $7.95 each in that area) also they threw in a free Fox 36x needle bearing engine and Rev Up 8x8 propeller
I do love how much BETTER we have it now....BUT, that one Oakland CA hobby shop, had a great racket going...tanks, props, silk, dope, Ambroid, and Fox Missile Mist was all about 0.50c to $2.00 Higher than other shops... Think about it

REF: Dizzies...
I retreaded back in 2012 and now 62... flying more and more each year... but still can't get past about 4 min flights before bad vertigo... short tanking plastic clunks is easy but I have a small fleet with uniflo and standard vent hard tanks... I do not want to fiddle with Carbs and 2.4, but very seriously thinking of Texas Timers fuel cut clock device to shut the bugger off at some predetermined time