RCU Forums - View Single Post - Alchemy by Bryan Hebert of CK Aero
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 09:22 PM
flyncajun

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cartercg
Looking forward to more feedback on the flight characteristics as compared to the Allure....where is it better? Does the larger fin improve the extreme KE abilities and make it even better for the likes of KE triangles etc?

Clint
The Alchemy is a natural progression of minor improvements. All the changes are the result of three years of testing and relentless field work on the Allure design, and are a progression of the improvements I made for knife edge purity with the Valiant. As the power sources change and equipment changes (weight, Power) I make adjustments to the designs, I do this so the modelers will not have to cram batteries in the nose... hang weight on the tail, ect. The weight of equipment ,batteries, controllers, change drastically every three years just look at the new versions of the contra and how much lighter they are, most don't notice how this will affect setup on a model. I keep track and continually try to adjust the designs for this. The setup on the new Alchemy and Caressa are identical except I changed the down thrust by .2 tenths of a degree. All models will still be able to run any motor setup you want to run right out of the box including the Allure Bipe,

On the Alchemy, Some changes are for cosmetics, some for Manufacturing, some for marketing, and some for flight envelope improvements. Some times a small change can be a very large improvement in the direction I'm taking the design. I look for absolute perfection in my models, in the design ,flight characteristics and in the manufacturing, its a never ending search but I enjoy the pursuit and this allows me keep very good records of the small progression

The canopy change was cosmetic and easy, and if yo have an Allure the Alchemy canopy will fit ,as well as the new wings and Stabs. The fin/rudder changes were to help with ever increasing demands of F3A Patterns, but also to help the rudder layup and movement limits because of the way It`s manufactured. The wings were A Major change, and was done to help the drag profile for battery consumption and weight issues we continually face. The new stabs were a result of testing on the Allure and were used on the V2 Allures since last year. I tested 3 stabs and chose the best ones for overall improvement.

The Allure Bipe employes the Fin /rudder changes and new Stabs. Once I was assured all the Models could use these components I was satisfied the Allure Bipe , Allure Mono, Alchemy Mono and the Updated Shinden ,(The Caressa ) could all use the same Stabs, and the Allure, Alchemy ,and Caressa can use the same wing profile for cg placement this streamlines production and helps me to stay on top of design setup for each model because they are very close in performance,

So, the Allure Bipe has all the improvements on the back end the Alchemy does.
All the new models have new style gear Making them Lighter and stronger a Composite box and I hope you will be able to crash land the Alchemy and the gear stay in tact

Bryan