RCU Forums - View Single Post - ACE Turbine
Thread: ACE Turbine
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 09:25 AM
robertboudreau

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yesterday I flew my HSD F16,after the 1st flight, when I went to fly it for the 2ed time the ACE60 starter was running for a few seconds and then stopped, I restarted the startup procedure from fresh unplugging everything and it did the same thing on startup procedure. waited a few min then went back & tried it again didn't see the fuel moving through the line so I checked the fuel filter by unplugging the line from the turbine and running some fuel using my fuller through the tank and it came out the line good. After doing this 3 times it the turbine started with a bit of a hot start with flames coming out of the tail for a few seconds and then everything was good for the rest of the day & flew it a few more times with out problems but I'm wondering what would do this could the glow plug starter be intermittent? the ACE60 had only 4hr of run time on the turbine.
any ideas
I'll do some testing to the fuel pump and starter plug, I'd think the plug would be working since it did work and didn't give me anymore problems the rest of the day
Robert