RCU Forums - View Single Post - Intro to the Open Panzer Project - and a new Tank Control Board
Old 07-19-2017, 01:19 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by LukeZ
You would have to ask HobbyKing, but if it were me I'd request the refund. We have no idea when HobbyKing will have new boards manufactured and if the process is anything like we experienced this spring, it could take a long time. In the meantime you might as well have your money back.

Jerry, I don't think you will need to return the boards. I can't see why Hobby King would want to incur the cost of return shipping just so they can throw them away. You should be able to get a refund with no questions asked, and keep the defective boards.

If you are comfortable with a soldering iron and small components, it's definitely worth a shot. There is a discussion here of what to replace and where to buy the replacement MOSFETs. Sources have been listed for the US, UK, and Germany, but people should be able to get them anywhere. They will only cost you a few dollars.

I would be very interested to know how people fare with the refund process. Hobby King should not give you any problems, if they do please let me know.
Well I submitted a claim request just after I posted my note to this thread earlier. Within an hour H-K accepted it and issued not a refund but a store credit. So I'm not sure how others would view this but it seems reasonable although this ties me to HK until revised boards become available. I did not see a request to return the defective boards.

Jerry