RCU Forums - View Single Post - Magnum XL 40 manual
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 12:43 PM
Jospeh114

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
I have a magnum XLS 40 glow engine,
I havnt used it for around 2 years... I took it apart cleaned it, oiled it and once I gathered it together with fresh Nitro fuel its not starting...
can anyone help me please???
Glow plug is charged and the glow is working ive tested it.
ive put fresh fuel... still nothing
it tries to start but just wont kick in.
I tried heating the head to give some heat and still no luck...
I pimed it many times, and still no luck
I emptied the fuel from the engine once I over primed it and tried again and still no luck
it tries to start but it wont.
I tried turning it with a 12v starter but the only result I get is the spinner and prop flying off... so I am starting it by hand and since then ive had no problems of the prop flying off..
ive looked over it many times to see if there is a gap or leak and I have no gaps or leaks. not in the engine nor in the fuel lines
ive tried playing with he needle and had no luck too.
don't get me wrong, it wants to start but it wont. before you know it my glow plug dies of battery. so I have to charge it up again and wait 4 hours to do this all again.
ive spent almost 1.5L of nitro for nothing.
ive realized something... in regards to the cylinder head. if I unscrew it I can rotate the prop easily around the shaf. once I screw on the cylinder head there is a funny sound each time the Piston hit TDC and its quite hard to turn it again theres a funny sound - tick tick sound. I thought maybe that is the problem I don't have any solutions to it....
in regards to the carby ive cleaned it and put it back on properly.... the thing just wont start!!
can any one help me?
King regards
Joseph