RCU Forums - View Single Post - Incidence setup with a full flying stab
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 10:53 AM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Harmon
Just use Brian Hebert's Triangle Trimming method but ignore the stab setting.
Use his initial thrust and wing settings....sounds like you are setting up a BJ airplane....if so....use BJ's incidence jigs and start there....note that BJ likes to fly extremely tailheavy so be sure the battery is well fwd.
The Essence/Nuance/Etude should balance a bit fwd from the wing attach bolts....this is a good starting point then move the battery back and forth about 1/4" at a time because this point is right at the teeter point and a little battery movement makes a large change.
Your Prolog was trimmed using TT.......of course it has elevators but the procedure is the same.
I've never owned a Prolog ....
This is a Fantasista (Akiba design produced by BJCraft) and it did not come with incidence jigs or any setup information.
I was just going over radio setup, subtrim, etc. and it got me wondering how to set the flying stab initially, again as there was no zero mark or jig to go by.
It sounds like perhaps the Fantasista (I have several different sizes of this airframe) is a bit different in that it doesn't have any jigs supplied.
Thank you for all the replies and support.