RCU Forums - View Single Post - Prather Vee 46" with Rossi 61
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 09:53 AM
Jaymanaa@lak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to thank everyone for sharing their hard earned knowledge so freely. What a great bunch of folks I've found here. As a matter of fact, I believe everyone I've met in this hobby have been great people. I read somewhere that for just putting around, 25% nitro, and for serious running 50 to 60%. The Rossi is a little different than the standard K&B I'm used to in that it has a finned head that is also water cooled, so I'm thinking better heat dissipation which allows for higher nitro mixes. I'm trying to get a model boat club started on the little 175 acre lake I live on. Other than something like that, I doubt if there is any real racing that goes on in the Kansas City area. I guess I'll just run the 25% stuff I use in my tunnel hulls since I buy it by the gallon. I still haven't run it. It had a worn out starter belt and I just got some new ones in last week but haven't got it changed out yet. To be honest, I'm a little nervous about running deep vees. I have two 40s and a 46 and haven't had any of them wet yet, ha. I think I might like working on them more than driving them.