RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kinda Crazy Tunnel Rebuild
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 03:54 PM
Jaymanaa@lak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crapshooter
i used to run a 7.5 size outboard tunnel hull fitted with a K& B 67 [ 11 cc ] this hull planed very well once the balance was set as well as engine trim. now why the 2 x steering servos on a rather small outboard ? i servo will be fine. power trim can be more of a pain than what its worth to set up as once you have the outboard leg set at its correct degress you never need to alter it again unless you change to a different prop that has different lifting caractoristics. if you really want to set up power trim you can remove the 3 rd channel switch and replace it with a dial pot , this will give you proportional movement which is what you want.
Thanks for the input, good stuff. I've been going over the power trim in my mind, and got to thinking maybe a better use of the 3rd channel would be mixture on the fly. It's always a pain for me because the boat isn't moving, so you end up guessing a bit to the rich side. I'm also trying to find out if a cop radar gun will pick these little boats up. I'd like to have the actual speed. I spent half the day today making a velocity stack (a long one). I would think I'm going to be looking for as many RPMs as possible, probably 60 or 70% nitro. I haven't looked to see which con. rod this has, but I'm expecting the round one. It's a gold head air cooled, so I'm thinking the guy would have popped for the good rod. What about a pipe? All it has now is the little tank looking deal with dual outlets, are they any good way up high in the RPMs? I need to figure out how to put a picture up.