RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pontoon Boat Quest
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 06:51 PM
Bill Diedrich

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Pontoon boats aren't built for speed, they are mainly for pleasure cruising around lakes.
The outboard motor pictured above has a 2630 KV motor in it and will be run on 2 x 3 cells
(11.1) 6200 mah lipo batteries running parallel, theoretically this will turn the engine at just
over 29,000 rpm. The hulls that I am designing are not round tubes like many pontoon boats,
I toyed with the idea of 4" drain pipe for the pontoons, but I am choosing to use materials I have
on hand. The batteries for the propulsion system and small 6 volt lead acid batteries for the lighting
will be housed inside of the pontoons and the steering servo & 90 amp ESC will be housed in the
center engine pod that the outboard motor will be mounted to. This is a fun project as stated above
for my wife to play with when we go down to the lake to run my other boats. Speed isn't the goal on
this project, it is more a glamourous show piece with all of the different lighting and other custom
features that I intend to incorporate into the project. After all I won't have water in the river on my
end from mid September to around February as the Parish will be lowing the river allow for some more
dredging and other projects that our Wildlife & Fisheries Dept. wants to do.

I manage a piece of property on a lake that is half a block from where I live and it has a pier already
there which we fish off of on many weekend mornings. It is on False River which is a fresh water lake
approx. 17 miles in length and on the average of 3/4 of to a mile wide, surrounded by the town of
New Roads & villages of Ventress, Rougon, Lakeland, Oscar & Jarreau. I have attached a pic of the
property locally known as "Sunset on the River",(pictured) currently on the market for a cool $425,000.
Waterfront property has skyrocketed on the river ever since a couple of well know country singers
purchased property and built summer homes here.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01506.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	3.49 MB
ID:	2228318  

Last edited by Bill Diedrich; 08-17-2017 at 07:10 PM. Reason: pic replacement