RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS 55AX Connecting Rod Broken
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 03:16 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I have 30 plus years’ seniority as a tool maker, machine repair at Fords where my job is installation and maintenance of new equipment from these emerging tech countries. China, the Koreas, India, Pakistan etc and as far as metallurgy is concerned all I can say is doo doo, kaa kaa. The ten million a line they save on the front end easily gets used up within a year replacing the critical components with real stuff.

Magnum crumbly mounting lugs right out of the box, porous snout between main and nose bearing and carb spigot falls apart when retaining screw is tightened.

ASP some run some don’t without work. Typical 3rd world tech. casting little better than Magnum.

Thunder Chicken now there is another winner don't know how many cams had to be replaced in the .90 it was the only one I ever bought I figured it looked like an OS clone how badly could they screw it up.

YS, OS, Moki, Saito, Supertiger, there is a reason these have been around forever and not only command a premium price but have a continuous loyal following the others can only envy.

Look closely at these third world engines and they are inexpensive clones of an OS and sometimes they clone an OS that is no longer in production LOL. I have boxes and boxes of carcass old and new, worn out and crash damaged and just about every OS part can find a home in one of the clones. Anyone is welcome to come and search through the stuff to see if there is something they can make work.

Let’s see how this works now. Buy a new Magnum (OS clone) then to get it to run right buy an OS carb that just happens to be an exact fit. Now any self respecting copy artist should at least be capable of producing a copy of a carb that works right? How many years have they been doing this and they still haven’t figured it out? They must be spending all they’re time concentrating on superior metallurgy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL give your head a shake.