RCU Forums - View Single Post - T1 Models Euro Fighter build
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 08:15 PM
flejter1

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mmflytie
Same here....any questions just ask away. We have both been thru it . Ive built one of the first and Kris may have gotten a version just after mine with a couple of changes . Unfortunately I cannot give a flight report on mine.( just getting to the point where I feel like talking about it). After months of building and fabricating, it was finally ready for the maiden flight. On the way to the the field, my trailer ( with the euro inside) was t-boned in a car accident at about 50 mph and both trailer and contents were totaled!!. Of course the driver of the car has no insurance( still under investigation). I didn't think there could be a sicker feeling than watching your jet crash into the trees while flying it , but let me tell you, watching its carrier go rolling down the highway, and never even get to see it actually fly, now that will make you insanely sick!
Sadly I will not be attending Super Jets South now.
Gunradd ( Kris) , is an excellent builder and skillful repairman. He has given some encouraging words to me indicating it may be repairable. One can only hope he is right.! I'm currently dealing with insurance companies to see if I may possibly get any replacement for trailer and jet. Will take a small miracle , I'm afraid.

Marc

Marc,

This is truly a very sad sight to see and hear about, and I was feeling your pain!! I know you put some grueling hours of labor, love & tears on this jet, as we talked many times during the build. On the brighter note, a 1/2 of second earlier and she would have drove through the cab of your truck and possibly killed you. Planes, trailers and stuff are all replaceable and fortunately your trailer and Tiger Euro Fighter saved the lives of the driver and little boy in the car according to the Officer. This is the unfortunate part of our hobby, rebuilding!! You know we are here for you when you need us!!

Regards,

Dirk