RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lazy Ace Biplane build from coroplast
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 01:52 PM
Joystick TX

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Propworn
19 Lbs for a design that should weight in at 10 to 12 lbs. Heck even on floats I don't think its much more than 14 lbs. I bashed mine into a trimotor with 3 .60 OS and it was up near 17 lbs tons of power. With all that weight it flew like a dog compared to how the original flew. Good luck.

Dennis
I'm not looking for a floater, or a 3-D aircraft. I need something heavy that will fight winds.This plane will have more drag, but my GSS at 14 lbs has 1.559 lbs sq ft of wing loading and this one at 19 lbs will have 1.583 lbs sq ft so it should not be too bad. That's not even counting the the area of the "lifting stab." The power for both planes will be the same sized 30cc engine.

I may also need to add a couple of pounds of lead to the nose, like most of the warbirds.

I'm also playing with the idea of putting 2 or 3 degrees of down incidence in the top wing to help with the slow speed handling. It could use that since the top and bottom wing are the same size and not tapered or swept back. I'll see what happens after the maiden flight.

Last edited by Joystick TX; 10-01-2017 at 01:54 PM.