RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS 55AX Connecting Rod Broken
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 02:31 PM
ETpilot

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I see I was having problems with my last post. Double post sorry. I think my iPad is on its last leg. iPad II very old.

An update to this thread. The hog problem really sent me in different directions. Took time to get somewhat caught up. After my last post I trapped 6 hogs and later trapped a female weighing about 200 lbs. Total trapped this year 9.

The priority was to repair the runway. Then repair the pastures. In the meantime I had to keep the trap going. It all takes time. Now runway is just about restored to usable condition.

Today I finally had time to do that engine run. At first it started behaving as before. I adjusted the HSN for an initial run. As I leaned the needle, the engine began to run better and better. At one point it quit and would not start at all. It turned out to be a dead glow plug. After the plug replacement the engine just ran good. Idle to full throttle. Last run it did load up at idle and finally quit. I have adjusted the LSN a hair’s width lean. I will see how it does at this setting. Overall I think my engine problem is over. I plan to run some fuel thru it on the stand then try it on my test airplane.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	37
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	2240725